We specialize in diagnostic ultrasound for pregnancy, gynecology, and breast-related concerns under the direction of Dr.
- Mammography is an X-ray of the breasts. A mammogram can show doctors the inside of the breast. Mammograms are used to look for breast cancer.
- Bone density tests look at calcium levels in the bones using a special imaging machine. The machine gives off low dose X-rays to evaluate how strong bones are. Women are at higher risk than men of developing osteoporosis, a weakening of the bones.
- Breast ultrasounds are another way of evaluating breasts. They use sonar technology to detect how the breasts absorb and rebound sound. They can tell whether a breast lump is filled with fluid (cyst) or is solid.
- Breast MRIs use magnets and radio waves to evaluate a specific region of the breast. Breast MRIs may be done in addition to mammograms or breast ultrasounds.
- Ultrasound and MRI breast biopsy involves taking tissue samples of the breast to further diagnose any breast problems.